Some stuff I've been reading:
- The Hacker Playbook 2 - here.
- The Hacker Playbook 3 – here.
- Web Application Hacker's Handbook 2 – here.
I am mostly reading THP2 and the Wepp App book for now. I started THP3, but want to do my best to work through book 2 before continuing.
Books on the horizon:
These books are a litlte bit older, but some of the stuff is still relevant. Also, I have to learn some Metasploit soon. I have a basic understanding of it, but have been discouraged from using it as I work through the PWK material. Funny story is when I first started HTB around 2015-2016, I had no idea what Metasploit was, so I ended up doing a lot of stuff manually because I didn't know how it worked. I guess it taught me some things, but now I have to get up to speed on it.
- Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide
- Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
- Metasploit Unleashed
- Kali Linux Revealed - An old buddy at work gave me this before he left. I consider it a gift, so I intend to read it and put the knowledge to use.
- How Linux Works 2nd Edition